Monday, December 31, 2012

Goals for 2013














Happy New Year!

How are you spending the last evening of 2012? Husband has to work tonight (from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m.), so we're doing a faux countdown at 10 p.m. before he goes to work. And I'll likely just watch tv, wish him a happy new year's over the phone at midnight and then head to bed!

I'm not a big fan of New Year's Eve (just another day in my books), and I also don't believe in New Year's resolutions. I don't like the idea that you should make a resolution on the first day of the year and try to stick to it. First off, if you want to change something about yourself, why wait until January 1st? And second, people tend to put a lot of pressure on their resolutions and expect things to change magically over night, but by February 1st, people crash and burn and go back to their old ways. It's a set up for failure, so I prefer to avoid New Year's resolutions.

However, I am a big fan of "to do" lists and goals!  So here are my ten goals for the new year!
  1. Save up enough money for the foundation work on the house (deadline mid-June)
  2. Paint the upstairs of the house (spare bedroom, office and hallway/staircase)
  3. Increase freelance income
  4. Get back to my wedding weight (deadline: May 1)
  5. Successfully complete my shopping fast
  6. Take French classes
  7. Read one book a month
  8. Learn to play tennis
  9. Try a new fitness class/activity
  10. Do something extra special for Husband once a month
Note: some of these goals are taken from my 40 Before 40 list.

Do you have any resolutions or goals for 2013?

No comments:

Post a Comment