Friday, December 7, 2012

12 Days of Christmas

Husband and I are going to be celebrating the 12 Days of Christmas this year! I saw the idea on Pinterest (where I find everything these days) and I immediately wanted to do it. It's a very simple concept, but I think it'll be tons of fun!

December 13th (12 days before Christmas), is day one, so you give one present. The second day, you give two presents that are identical, third day three identical presents and so on. So by the time you get to December 24th, you give 12 presents of the same item. As we're not doing this in lieu of Christmas, we said the 12 Days of Christmas would be inexpensive or free items, so just coming up with the ideas is fun!

Here are a few of my presents for Husband:

Day 1 - a home-cooked meal for him (I never cook or if I do, it only involves boiling water or heating up, so this is indeed a present to him.)
Day 2 - two coupons for "Get out of the doghouse for free"
Day 3 - pack of Juicy Fruit gums (3 in a pack)
Day 6 - three pairs of socks (six socks all together!)
Day 10 - 10 Things I Heart About You (little love notes or post-its around the house)
Day 12 - subscription to Popular Science (12 months of the magazine! This is a bit more expensive, but as it's Christmas Eve, I'm counting this as a regular Christmas gift.)

Does anyone else do something beyond just giving gifts on Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment