Here's how I did on my August goals
Get Husband more life insurance and disability insurance - In the works! Husband has emailed the contact at his office to get signed up for life/disability and we've filed the paperwork to increase his life insurance through my office. We got a letter back saying they need more details from his doctor about a previous health issue, so he has to go in and see the doc to get that done still.
Write our wills - Nope! I keep meaning to schedule a time for us to do this, but something else always comes up.
Go to the beach - Unfortunately no! :( With husband's schedule working nights, sleeping days it's hard for him to get motivated to go anywhere for a whole day. And now that summer is basically over, I don't think this will happen.
Host a games night with friends/family - Yes and no. I had wanted to have host some friends for a games night with lots of yummy food and laughs, but it didn't quite work out scheduling-wise. But I did have a couple girlfriends over for a games night sans boys. And Husband and I did go to my sister's for games night as she can't come to our place because she's allergic to the cats. Not quite what I had in mind, but still fun!
Read 2 books - Done! I read Never Let You Go by Kazuo Ishiguro. A bit of a strange read in that the style of writing is VERY conversational and jumpy, but an intriguing story. And I also re-read Life of Pi in anticipation of the movie later this year.
Go to the movies - Done! Saw The Dark Knight Rises and Hope Springs. Hope Springs wasn't as funny as I thought it would be, but it was entertaining enough.
- Write our wills. This is going back on the list and it will be done!
- Finish current freelance projects. I have a 3-in-1 project that I'm hoping to get done this weekend. And then I just got another article due in mid-September.
- Look into a winter vacation. I'm not sure if we can financially do it this year, but I want to sit down and crunch the numbers to figure it out.
- Increase Husband's RRSP contribution. So basically harass him until he does this! ;)
- Walk home from work 4x a week and work out at home at least 1x a week.
- Start a baby fund. I'd like to have some money set aside for this big, one-time purchases (crib, car seat, high chair, etc.), plus some money to cover us when I'm at a lower income during mat leave.
- Paint the office or spare bedroom. Either one, I'm not picky!
- Make 1-2 recipes that I've pinned on Pinterest.
- Hang our wedding pictures.
- Plan our 1st year anniversary. Our first year anniversary is October 8th! 'm not sure what we're going to do just yet, so I want to figure this out and make any arrangements now. Maybe just a stay-cation at a hotel, or rent a cabin.